WHO WE ARE
We consolidate and coordinate community efforts in advocating for policies that promotes equitable access, control & sustainable use of Natural Resources in Kenya.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To foster a spirit of partnership and cooperation through information sharing, networking, and collaboration between Members, as well as with other civil society organisations involved in natural resource issues in Kenya;
- To influence Kenya Natural Resource Alliance [protective] policy development and implementation;
- To work towards to create an enabling environment by influencing legislative frameworks and national policy processes which guide natural resource management in Kenya; To promote public awareness with respect to community-centred sustainable management of natural resources in Kenya and beyond the country;
- To promote and facilitate the inclusion of community-centred sustainable management of natural resources in Kenya in policy discussions and decision-making at counties and national levels;
- To support applied research and monitoring of extractive operations involving affected communities, and subsequent sharing and dissemination of resulting information locally and internationally;
- To serve as a credible source of expertise on community-centred sustainable management of natural resources in Kenya in order to enhance the capacity of KeNRA members and provide a readily accessible repository of advocacy tools and information for KeNRA membership;
- To promote appropriate capacity development of its members;
- To collaborate with other stakeholders in achieving KeNRA aim and objectives;
- To maintain links and foster exchanges with related initiatives in Kenya and beyond;
Our Core Values
We believes in working together for:-
- Economic and social justice;
- Respect for human rights, democracy and International best practices;
- Gender equality;
- Peace and non-violence;
- Sustainable use of natural resources;
- Inclusivity in decision -making
- Respect for cultural diversity;
- Development with equity and
- Solidarity and transparency.
A Kenyan society that conserves, controls, benefits and enjoys equitable access to natural resources
To consolidate and/or coordinate community efforts in advocating for policies and legislation that promotes equitable access, control and sustainable use of Natural Resources in Kenya.
A Kenyan society that conserves, controls and enjoys equitable access to natural resources.
Over 300 delegates representing communities, traditional leaders, local authorities, government, civil society, policy makers, regional bodies, media and mining companies have gathered at Olkario, Naivasha to witness the launch. The Model was launched amidst pomp and...read more